“The benefits of utilising the leg press in your training routine”
The Leg Press is a machine-based exercise used to build hypertrophy in quads and improve strength in your squat. While the leg press is not a substitution for squatting, it can help beginners establish greater leg strength and growth. Additionally, the leg press can aid advanced lifters in achieving higher amounts of training volume to simulate growth while minimising additional wear and tear on the body. When executing the leg press, it is essential to build good form and develop good mechanics rather than press a large amount of weight.
Tips & Technique for the Leg Press:
Some killer points from our head trainer @shannonbell24 on the good old leg press
- Keep your feet high up with approxanitly. 3/4 up the plate.
- Brace your abs and keep your back flat on the back support cusion.
- Lower the weight slowly, until your knee’s are just below 90 degree
- Push through heels
- Keep your knees tracking inlined with your toes with deviating inwards.
- Do not lock out your knees at the top of the press.
*You should have NO back or joint pain meaning your knees, back and hips.